The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the purchasing, inventory management and delivery of all specified material for the construction and maintenance of the cooperative’s assets. The Purchasing Manager works with their team to ensure delivery of supplies and material to district and area offices. The Purchasing Manager maintains specified inventory levels and negotiates prices with vendors to purchase materials and supplies.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
- Works closely with the District Operations Supervisors to order, stock and deliver material as needed for all construction and maintenance work throughout the company.
- Serves as a representative on teams, committees, and activities.
- Works closely with the Accounting Department to accurately capitalize equipment.
- Purchases special items as requested from all departments and facilitates the general building maintenance for the DREMC headquarters and Annex buildings.
- Maintains appropriate material levels for normal construction and storms as they may occur.
- Coordinates minor building and facility maintenance requests.
- Facilitates lawn maintenance contracts with companies to control costs and efficiently maintain all office and substation lawns.
- Tracks all equipment sent for maintenance and repairs until returned from vendors.
- Supervises and assists warehouse employees with the receipt and storage of materials.
- Supervises and assists warehouse employees with orders and distribution of materials to district and area offices.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving payroll time, as necessary.
- Follows company policies and procedures related to material purchases and in accordance with customary industry standards.
- Maintains appropriate controls to ensure transparency while avoiding conflicts of interest with all vendors.
- Conducts accurate and consistent employee performance evaluations while maintaining a productive and professional atmosphere by coaching, training and motivating employees.
- Consistently models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes and How to Avoid Them.
Education — High school diploma or equivalent required and post-secondary degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
Experience — Minimum five (5) years of experience in procurement/purchasing of materials, equipment and supplies required. Experience in general utilities, contracting or construction is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates and/or licenses relevant to utilities, purchasing, accounting or inventory control are preferred. Completion of a supervisor training program (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Power Supervisor) is preferred. Valid Tennessee Driver’s License or ability to obtain license prior to first day of employment is required. Must be eligible to remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — An understanding of the electric utility industry and logistics is desired. Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the materials used by an electric utility. Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.