Job description: The Member Services Representative provides customer support for members opening accounts, accepting/ processing/posting payments, and answering member inquiries or complaints about bills, policies and procedures.
Location: Columbia, TN
- Consistently demonstrates an intellectual curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
- Provides exceptional member service to answer inquiries and resolve complaints involving member accounts.
- Greets members and receives payments, disburses funds, and records monetary transactions. Receives cash, checks or completes credit-card charge transactions.
- Ensures accurate handling of money and maintains a balanced cash drawer.
- Answers phone in a polite and professional manner.
- Efficient and accurate handling of member accounts including creating, updating, and closing of accounts.
- Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and rate schedules.
- Coordinates billing and collection procedures with associated personnel on a defined schedule.
- Compiles and balances daily cash receipt voucher.
- Gains knowledge to create service orders such as connect, disconnect, reconnect, and other various types of service orders.
- Gains knowledge to dispatch service orders to field personnel using mobile devices.
- Understands and promotes member programs, use of mobile applications, payment programs and other services.
- Assists in producing, reviewing, and completing a variety of reports associated with office operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and handle member inquires with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
- Follows established procedures to set up electric service including accepting applications, creating service orders and completing other tasks associated with setting up a membership.
Education — A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience — Previous experience in utilities, accounting, banking or other office-related businesses is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates relevant to customer service and accounting are preferred. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Customer Service)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the customer service, accounting and customer billing functions related to the electric utility business model.
– Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to deal with members.
– Familiar with standard technologies of a modern business including but not limited to personal computers, billing software, multifunction printers, email, MS Office Suite or similar productivity software, etc.
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V