Job description: The Field Engineer provides technical support to commercial and residential members requesting new electric service by meeting on-site to discuss/evaluate service power line arrangements, routes available, rates schedules, and other related information.
Location: Columbia, TN
- Consistently demonstrates an intense curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
- Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, and rate schedules.
- Provides support to District Manager, District Engineer, and associated personnel on best solutions, practical implications, and potential opportunities arising from Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s daily operations.
- Develops knowledge to answer inquires on new service requests or other engineering questions.
- Assists in designs, routes, and lays out electric distribution services and facilities.
- Assists in preparations of staking sheets to comply with specifications, policies, and the National Electric Safety Code (NESC).
- Assists District Engineer and/or Engineering Department in staking of assigned work plan projects in a timely, efficient manner to ensure the goals, work plan, and budget of the cooperative are accomplished.
- Learns to prepare sketches and assists District Engineer with construction cost estimates.
- Learns to create, analyze, and confirm the accuracy of various reports.
- Maintains an awareness of Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s cooperative business goals.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, handles member matters, and inquires with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
Education — Post-secondary degree from an accredited college/university in a technical field is preferred.
Experience — Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the utility industry preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Must possess or be able to obtain Certificates and/or licenses relevant to field engineers (e.g. TVPPA Power Line Design and Staking, NESC training including successful completion of an approved proficiency exam). Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — A broad understanding of the utility industry is desired. Obtains knowledge of the business, metering and billing functions related to the electric utility business model. Must be able to exercise discretion and use sound judgment in dealing with people and confidential information. Possesses effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines.
Reports to: District Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V