Job description: The Engineering Intern will assist the DREMC Engineering department with projects, research, and other daily tasks as requested. As a member of the engineering team, this experience offers valuable insight into the engineering operations of a large electric cooperative, which maintains an annual operating budget of approximately $200 million and serves over 77,500 members.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
- Updating DREMC specification documents to ensure they reflect the most recent Rural Utilities Service (RUS) requirements.
- Assist with filing, scanning, data entry, documentation, PowerPoint presentation, and the use of AutoCAD.
- Research and assist in procuring new materials used in the construction of service to members and new distribution lines.
- Assist the engineering team in preparing field locations for upcoming system improvement projects.
- Assist in ensuring system models are up-to-date and reflect what is installed in the field.
Education — Must be currently enrolled, and in good standing, in the pursuit of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn with a desire to grow and develop within the engineering field.
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
AVAILABILITY: This position requires availability between May and September 2021 for no more than 20-30 hours per week. The weekly schedule will be determined based on the availability of the Engineering Intern and the needs of the engineering team.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V