Job description: The District Manager consistently displays the work ethic and models the behaviors conducive to the desired DREMC culture. The District Manager partners with the President & CEO to represent Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) to residential, commercial, industrial, and government organizations served by DREMC.
Location: Manchester, TN (Must reside within a 20-mile radius of the Manchester District Office.)
- Must be able and willing to lead on a consistent basis.
- Consistently demonstrates an intense intellectual curiosity that is guided by sound judgment in the best interests of DREMC.
- Aptitude to create, facilitate or champion solutions and practical implementation to benefit Members and Employees.
- Oversees daily safety and productivity of district personnel while creating a TEAM environment.
- Manages a wide variety of special projects and DREMC requests that often require the use of knowledge and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues in a manner consistent with all applicable state laws, DREMC By-laws and Cooperative Policies.
- Studies, learns and consistently applies DREMC policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and rate schedules.
- Provides exceptional member service to answer inquiries and resolve complaints involving member accounts, as needed.
- Coordinates district activities relating to developing work plans.
- Inspects field constructions in progress and completed work orders, periodically.
- Supports programs to systematically inspect system power lines and facilities including annual pole testing.
- Analyzes and confirms accuracy of various daily, monthly and yearly reports.
- Review invoices for contractor work related to the assigned district, approving and correcting as necessary.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving payroll time, as needed.
- Conducts accurate and consistent employee performance evaluations while maintaining a productive and professional atmosphere by coaching, training and motivating employees.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply NESC, DOT and PUC rules, procedures and guidelines relating to administration and management of electrical systems and facilities.
- Maintains an awareness of DREMC’s goals and vision.
- Maintains confidentiality matters at all times, while handling employee and member inquires with sensitivity and respect.
- Must offer and solicit feedback on a daily basis.
- Consistently models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes & How to Avoid Them.
Education — A High School diploma or equivalent is required and post-high school education is preferred.
Experience — 5 or more successful years of experience in one or more functions of a District Employee is required, and general utilities, contracting, banking or other office-related businesses is also preferred. Prior utility supervisory experience is required.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates and/or licenses relevant to utilities, customer service, office management, financial services, etc. are preferred. Completion of a supervisor training program. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Power Supervisor) is preferred. A valid Tennessee Driver’s License or ability to obtain a license prior to the first day of employment is required. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — An understanding of the electric utility industry and line work procedures desired. Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and financial functions related to the electric utility business model. Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external contacts. Phenomenal listening skills with high observation prowess. Ability to consistently achieve multiple deadlines with ownership of the process and results achieved therein.
Reports to: President/CEO
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V