Job description: The Cleaning Attendant provides cleaning services to Cooperative offices throughout our system plus our Med4U medical clinics. The Cleaning Attendant will take great pride in the cleanliness and appearance of the buildings to include lobby areas, offices, meeting rooms, hallways, restrooms, break areas, and entrance areas for the employees and members.
Location: Chapel Hill/Lewisburg/Columbia, TN
Hours: Second shift position
1. Clean and disinfect all restrooms and break areas including countertops, appliances, and tables/chairs.
2. Clean floors based on floor type (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming) including cleaning of baseboards inside of the building and clean outside area at lobby and employee entrances.
3. Empty trash receptacles and replace liners as needed and carry trash to the trash dumpster outside of the building.
4. Dust and clean blinds, wipe out windowsills.
5. Order supplies as needed to keep supplies stocked for use.
6. Keep work area and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion.
7. Spot cleaning of the carpet as needed.
8. Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
9. Clean all glass entrance doors.
10. Maintain cleaning equipment in good working order, changing filters as recommended by the manufacturer.
11. Wear protective personal equipment when using cleaning solutions or when emptying trash and other waste materials.
12. Properly dispose of any biohazard materials as a result of an accident to include human blood, bandages, towels/rags used to properly clean the area.
13. Semi-annually clean all windows.
14. Annually wax floors and strip wax as needed.
15. Drive a company-assigned vehicle up to two hours per day to other offices to perform duties.
16. Other responsibilities could be assigned by the supervisor.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Certification/License, etc. – Valid Tennessee driver’s license or ability to obtain a license prior to the first day of employment is required. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision to complete daily list responsibilities.
– Physical ability to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
– Willingness to work as needed for special cleaning projects.
– Strong attention to detail.
Reports to: Office Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.