Job description: The Billing Analyst assists in the day-to-day operations of the billing department. This includes the coordination, processing and maintenance of consumer records, including meter, membership and deposit records.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
- Assist in the daily operation of the consumer billing process.
- Compute adjustments to members’ accounts when necessary.
- Post additions and deletions to streetlight accounts for billing purposes.
- Prepare and mail letters to unpaid accounts.
- Inform collection agency of outstanding accounts and accounts collected by the Cooperative after having been assigned to the collection agency.
- Review and reconcile membership and deposit subsidiary ledgers with general ledger.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable control account with the amounts billed and received.
- Perform month-end balancing processes.
- Balance all loan program subsidiary ledgers with general ledger.
- Prepare and complete various internal reports to assist district offices.
- Verify daily software backup to all system operations, including backups for billing, accounting, and payroll.
- Prepare bank drafts, final notices, refund checks, and bad debts.
- Maintain member’s tax-exemption forms, bankruptcies, and generation accounts.
- Produce month-end and year-end reports.
- Check monthly energy rate and security light file.
- Maintain and bill all customer accounts.
- Reconcile the monthly bill from the software provider.
- Perform such other activities or duties as may be required or directed.
Education — High school diploma or equivalent is required. Post-secondary degree from an accredited college/university in accounting, business or information technology is preferred.
Experience — Minimum one (1) year experience in the utility industry preferred.
Certification/License, etc. – Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver license. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — A broad understanding of the utility industry is desired. Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required. Attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Ability to work in a group setting.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V