Job description: The Financial Analyst assists management in decision making by performing periodic analyses of the company’s financial information.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
1. Prepare annual budget and financial forecast with the assistance of vice-presidents and district managers.
2. Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
3. Perform financial statement analysis, variance monitoring, and calculation of financial ratios.
4. Assist accounting manager with cash and debt management processes.
5. Calculate and prepare year-end adjusting journal entries.
6. Track mobile app download statistics monthly.
7. Assist in preparation and review of various annual reports including, but not limited to, TVA annual report, Rural Utilities Service financial report and State of Tennessee Ad Valorem tax report.
8. Prepare and analyze monthly cash flow statement.
9. Provide support for other positions within the organization.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education – Post-secondary four (4) year degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting is required.
Experience – Minimum three (3) years’ experience in accounting required. Experience in the utility industry preferred.
Certification/License, etc. – Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver license. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – A broad understanding of the utility industry is desired. A solid understanding of accounting and an ability to analyze financial information is required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Attention to accuracy and detail required.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V